The UN system in Lebanon is organizing a photo contest, “Look Around You” to start thinking of development in Lebanon and to highlight the importance of the SDGs and the inspirational work that can come with it. At a time when the world’s attention will be focused on these issues, the winning photos will put a face to the SDGs. “Look Around You” contest is looking for photos that aim to inspire people to think about development and take action to achieve the 2030 Agenda and 17 SDGs.
To participate do the following: Take a picture showing us something in your city, village or community within Lebanon that makes you believe in a more sustainable future for Lebanon.
- The contest ends on Friday 17 February 2017; winners will be announced shortly after.
- The contest is open to youth aged 15- 32 living in Lebanon. Staff, including immediate family members, working in the UN system can participate but are not eligible for winning or receiving prizes.
- Entry is free of charge.
- All entries not respecting the theme or the technical/authorship requirements set out below will be systematically ruled out.
- The competition is only available to amateur photographers and the pictures must be captured in Lebanon.
- Contestants must select ONE of the 17 SDG’s and submit a maximum of three photos in the selected Goal.
- Each photo shall be accompanied by a short text highlighting how it relates to the statement above on the sustainable future for Lebanon. The captions are a crucial part of the contest. Contestants must possess all copyrights of their images.
Contestants must submit their pictures through one of the below channels:
- By e-mail email@example.com
- Through UN Lebanon social media through Facebook message (@UNLebanon) or Instagram direct message (@unitednationslebanon)
- File sizes should be more than 1MB. Submissions should be a minimum size of 3,000 pixels in length at 300 dpi non-interpolated.
- Negative and digital photos will be accepted in black/white and color.
- 1st place: a camera;
- 2nd place: a smart phone;
- 3rd place: a bundle of UN souvenirs with a certificate of recognition.
- The best photos will be displayed on the UN website.
The copyright of submitted and winning photos will be owned by the participating youth. The winning photos will be released to the “non-exclusive” use of the UN Lebanon.
To know more about the 2030 Agenda and the sustainable development goals, go to:
To know more about the SDGs in Lebanon check:
our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UNLebanon/
our Twitter: https://twitter.com/UN_Lebanon